Continue your education in Australia. Positive updates! Melbourne Research Scholarship applications are now being accepted. We will go into great detail regarding this scholarship, its advantages, and the step-by-step application procedure in this post.
For overseas students, the Melbourne Research grant (MRS) 2024–2025 is a fully financed grant. There are about 600 scholarships available for research programmes leading to master’s and doctorate degrees. This scholarship provides a $32,400 annual living allowance, full fee offset, a relocation stipend, a single membership in Overseas Student Health Coverage (OSHC), and many additional perks.
The University of Melbourne is a government institution that engages the community, advances science, and facilitates learning and teaching. According to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021, it is placed as number one in Australia and number thirty-one globally, solidifying its reputation as one of the world’s top universities.
International students from all over the world who wish to pursue postgraduate studies at The University of Melbourne, Australia, are eligible to apply for Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS). These scholarships are given for a variety of courses provided by several Melbourne Schools and come with a stipend in addition to a cost offset. Candidates who meet the requirements are evaluated based on their research potential in their field of study and the academic standing of their most recent degree.
Synopsis of Scholarship
- Level of study: Master’s or PhD
- Institution(s): The University of Melbourne
- Study in: Australia
- Programme Length: Two years, for students pursuing a Master’s degree through research.
- Four years for those pursuing a doctorate.
- Deadline: Varies depending on the course chosen.
You can look at the courses that the following institutions offer:
- Agricultural and Veterinary Sciences Faculty.
- Melbourne Business School.
- Graduate Programme in Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Melbourne Conservatorium of Music.
- Melbourne Graduate School of Education.
- Dental School in Melbourne.
- Melbourne Law School.
- Melbourne Design School.
- Medical School in Melbourne.
- Melbourne Engineering School.
- The Melbourne School of Global Health and Population.
- Health Sciences School in Melbourne.
- Melbourne Psychological Sciences School.
- Graduate courses offered online.
- Environmental Programmes Office.
- The Biomedical Sciences School.
- The Science Faculty.
- Custom Programmes at the School of Melbourne.
- Victorian Institute of Arts.
Click here for additional course information.
Coverage of Scholarships
The following advantages are offered to recipients of Melbourne Research Scholarships:
- Full fee offset for a maximum of two years for students pursuing a master’s degree through research, or up to four years for those pursuing a doctorate.
- A living stipend of $32,400 annually pro rata (2022 full-time study rate) for a maximum of two years for students pursuing a master’s degree by research or three years for those pursuing a doctorate. Limited paid sick, maternity, and parental leave are included in the living allowance, which may be subject to annual indexation.
- A relocation allowance of $3000 for students coming from outside Australia, or $2000 for students coming from States or Territories other than Victoria.
- International students who need a student visa to study in Australia can apply for a single membership in the Overseas Student Health Coverage (OSHC).
Scholarships with fee offsets
- For students pursuing a master’s degree by research, the full cost offset is available for up to two years, or for up to four years if they are pursuing a doctorate.
Melbourne Research Scholarships: Qualifications
In order to qualify for Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS), candidates need to fulfil the subsequent requirements:
- English is the Required Language
- All nations across the world are eligible.
- You must have applied to the University of Melbourne and be eligible to enrol in a Master’s or PhD programme by research.
- You have to be enrolled in a University of Melbourne research degree programme at this time.
How can I apply for the MRS (Melbourne Research Scholarships)?
To apply for a Melbourne Research Scholarship, please complete these steps:
- You will be automatically eligible for the Graduate Research Scholarships if, as a new student, you applied before the course’s application closing date for a graduate research course. Within seven days of submitting your course application, you will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record.
- In order to be reevaluated for a scholarship, if you received an offer for a graduate research course and postponed starting, you will need to fill out an online application by October 31 in order to be eligible for consideration the following year. Within seven days of submitting the online application, you will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record.
- To be eligible for a scholarship the following year, if you are enrolled in a graduate research course and are seeking funding for it, you must complete an online application form by October 31. Within seven days of submitting the online application, you will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record.
Visit the official website to learn more about Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS):